Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, Fresh Start

Happy New Year friends!  I pray your holiday weekend was blessed.

Saturday morning I slept in late due to the fact that I stayed up well past midnight, something I never do.  Once my husband, kids and I were up and moving around, I spent my time with God.  I had a great chat with Him and started the One Year Chronological Bible.  After that my hubby watched the kids while I went to my mom's house to get some things done over there then had a few errands to run.   

During all of this, I was pretty emotional.  Not bad emotional, it was good emotional.  My heart was so happy and I just kept crying joyful tears.  I wasn't really sure what was going on with me.  Then, while driving, God showed me.    

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning.  Great is Your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22-23

Not only are God's mercies new every day, but this is a new year.  A fresh start.  The slate is clean.  All of the goof ups or slips I had last year are gone.  All of the mood swings, missed quiet times, laziness, missed divine appointments, and such are forgotten.  Once I asked God to forgive me, He did.  I can start fresh and move forward.  This brings me such joy! 


I want to encourage you today to put the past behind you.  It is over and done.  Ask God to forgive you and move forward.  Start fresh in 2011.

Click here for ideas on:
Preparing Yourself for 2011

Sweet Blessings~
 

9 comments:

  1. You can certainly tell by your post you are starting fresh. You have given so many good ideas to help us get started with a brand new year. Thanks and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fresh start we get with God, whether it is a new year, a new day, or just a new hour. His mercies are always new and great is His faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it nice to know we can start afresh every once in a while? I am so grateful for all of the good things and bad that God has allowed into my life. We were in a very different place mentally, my husband and I last year, but when changes came they were painful, but good, so this year starts out very fresh. It feels so good!
    I am so grateful for God's faithfulness to forgive and forget and help us to move on.
    Praise be to Jesus!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Not only are God's mercies new every day, but this is a new year. A fresh start." Love that! We serve the God who keeps no record of wrongs so praise the Lord for fresh starts and new beginnings!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenifer, I love this : "I want to encourage you today to put the past behind you. It is over and done. Ask God to forgive you and move forward." I very much want to free my spirit from past burdens, ask for forgiveness and move forward with His Grace. Thank you for a wonderful post, and have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer
    I love your blog and the things you write. They speak right to me!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Blessings and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that scripture in Lamentations! I was just saying to Kelli today that there is a definite feeling of fresh and new at the turn of the year. Somehow we feel set free from what's past and motivated to move ahead afresh in Him. Rejoicing with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic blog! Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts, I love hearing from you.